One of the key ingredients to managing a successful project is to start off with a Microsoft Project plan that is complete and optimized. An “optimized” plan is one in which:
- Everything that is known is put into a plan that meets the overall project objectives and
- The project delivers on the objectives of on-time, on-budget, with high quality, and a satisfied client.
It can be somewhat subjective to determine whether your plan is optimized but the minimum requisites ar as follows:
- All phases, tasks, and milestones required to meet the project objective are loaded into the work plan.
- All resources are assigned to the tasks they will perform.
- Reliable work or duration estimates are assigned to each resource assignment.
- The resources can realistically perform the work assigned according to the current estimated task start and finish dates, and all tasks can be completed by the target finish date and budget for the project .